Happy Halloween! I’ve been struck by lighting this year.
I have to say this costume was VERY last minute. As in, an hour before the party. But, how much fun is this super easy idea?!
Everyone at the party was super impressed, and we had a lot of fun with it :)
After raiding Target for a poster board and shirt I didn’t care about ripping and burning, I grabbed an umbrella at checkout we had a costume! (brilliant and cheap!)
You can make this too! All you need is:
– One yellow poster board: I traced a light night bolt and cut it out
– Shoestring: to tie it across the neck
Struck by Lightning
– One umbrella: cut holes and rip as much as you’d like
– One shirt you don’t care about destroying (***Make sure the shirt isn’t highly flammable)
– A lighter: to burn some holes (I did this in the shower just incase)
– Hairspray: for some serious teasing and frizzing to your hair