I made these delicious treats a while ago, and couldn’t believe how easy it was to whip up a fancy looking (and tasting) desert! These babies are a great treat to bring to your next holiday party. Your friends + family will think you’re a pro baker. ;) P.S. The secret ingredient is NOT caramel…
Caramel-Pretzel-Chocolate Krispie Treats
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 11 oz. bag caramel squares
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1 10 oz. bag chocolate chips
- 1 tbs vegetable shortening
- 5.5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil (easier cleanup!)
- Place butter and marshmallows in a pan over medium heat. Stir until melted and fluffy. Mis in vanilla. Add Rice Krispies and pretzels and stir. Press into pan. (Tip: Butter your hands first, to prevent the sticky treat from sticking to your hands.)
- Place caramels in a microwave safe bowl and heat 2 min. or as needed to melt. Take out to stir in 30 second bursts. Pour over Rice Krispie Treats. Let cool.
- Place chocolate and shortening in microwave safe bowl. Heat 1-2 min, stirring in 30 second bursts. Pour mixture over cooled caramel.
- Once partially cooled, sprinkle with sea salt.